Pieces of a jigsaw : portraits of artists and writers of Wales / by Bernard Mitchell.
- Additional Title(s):
- Cardigan : Parthian Books, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 152 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryTR680 .M498 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- An unprecedented collection of photographic portraits of notable characters within the arts community in Wales, Pieces of a Jigsaw is based on Bernard Mitchell's ongoing Welsh Arts Archive project. The project began in 1966 with a series of portraits of the Swansea friends of Dylan Thomas, including the artists Ceri Richards and Alfred Janes, the poet Vernon Watkins, and the composer Daniel Jones. The collection kept growing and now features many leading artists and writers who have significantly contributed to Welsh culture in the late twentieth century, including Will Roberts, Josef Herman, Max Boyce, Jan Morris, Ernest Zobole, Emyr Humphreys and Gwyneth Lewis.--page 4 of cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- England -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Artists.Authors, English -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Authors, English.Authors, Welsh -- Pictorial works.Authors, Welsh.Wales.
- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
Mitchell, Bernard, Pieces of a jigsaw , 2017