The picture so far , 2017
- The picture so far : 50 years of painting conservation / edited by Abigail Granville, Laura Hinde, Sophie Plender, Hayley Tomlinson and Nancy Wade.
- London : Archetype Publications Ltd in association with The British Association of Paintings Conservator-Restorers (BAPCR), 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 137 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryND1650 .P55 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Papers from the conference 'The Picture So far...50 Years of Painting Conservation' held at the Royal Institution in London's West End.
Includes bibliographical references.
Following on from the success of the British Association of Paintings Conservator-Restorers (BAPCR) conference, 'The Picture So Far: 50 Years of Painting Conservation' post-print texts from the conference are to be published. 'The Picture So Far' examined and celebrated the aspirations and achievements of early conservation pioneers through lectures, posters, and a discussion session. Invited speakers explored conservation practice, philosophy, teaching, technology and professional organisation over the last half century leading the audience to examine the fundamental principles of our profession today and appraise the challenges that will face the next generation of practitioners.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration.
- Conference papers and proceedings.