R.B. Kitaj : confessions of an old Jewish painter : autobiography / R.B. Kitaj ; preface by David Hockney ; edited and with an epilogue by Eckhart J. Gillen.
- Additional Title(s):
Confessions of an old Jewish painter
- Original first edition.
- Munich : Schirmer/Mosel Publishing, 
New York : Prestel Publishing
- Physical Description:
- 398 pages : 212 illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.K55 A12 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 212 illustrations, including 33 photographs by Lee Friedlander.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 393-395).
After many years of rumours, R.B. Kitaj's Confessions of an Old Jewish Painter is finally available in its first publication ever. A jewel among artist's autobiographies, it relates his passionate life as a seafarer and book trader, his splendid rise and bitter fall in the British art scene, and his faible for harlots.
- Subject Terms:
- 20.30 history of art: general.Artists -- United States -- Biography.Artists.Jewish artists -- United States -- Biography.Jewish artists.Jewish painters -- United States -- Biography.Jewish painters.Kitaj, R. B.Kitaj, R. B.Painters -- United States -- Biography.Painters.United States.
YCBA Collections Search
Kitaj, R. B, R.B. Kitaj ,