The foreign tour of the Misses Brown, Jones, and Robinson : being the history of what they saw & did at Biarritz & in the Pyrenees / by Miss Brown.
- Additional Title(s):
Adventures of Miss Brown, Miss Jones and Miss Robinson at Biarritz and in the Pyrenees
- Ipswich : S.H. Cowell, & Co., [approximately 1877]
- Physical Description:
- , 49 leaves : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.L73 F67 1877+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Printed by S.H. Cowell's Anastatic Press, Ipswich."--Cover
Inspired by Richard Doyle's 1855 work "The foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones and Robinson," the work is a humorous account of a tour to the Pyrenees in 1876 by Catharine Grace Loch (Miss Brown) with her companions, Lady Florence Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, daughter of George Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 3rd Duke of Sutherland (Miss Jones), and their governess Miss Bragge (Miss Robinson).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's printed blue-gray paper covered boards, with navy cloth spine. With an unidentified armorial bookplate.
- Subject Terms:
- Biarritz (France) -- Description and travel.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Chaplin, Florence, 1855-1881.Doyle, Richard, 1824-1883. Foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones, and Robinson.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Loch, Catharine Grace, 1854-1904.Pyrenees -- Description and travel.S. H. Cowell & Co. -- Publisher.Women travelers.
- Anastatic printing.
YCBA Collections Search
Loch, Catharine Grace, 1854-1904, The foreign tour of the Misses Brown, Jones, and Robinson , [approximately 1877]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.