Theatrorama, or, A peep at the playhouse.
- Additional Title(s):
Peep at the playhouse
- [England] : [publisher not identified], [circa 1825?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 peepshow : hand-colored aquatints ; 12 x 13 cm (closed), expanding to 53 cm (open)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1525 .T44 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from label on publisher's slip case.
Date from Hyde.
Telescopic peepshow view of a theater. The front panel depicts a couple being shown into the dress circle by an usher with keys. The theater interior depicts an audience, orchestra, and three dancers on stage.
An expanding perspective view consisting of four cut-out panels and backdrop plate connected to front cover at top and bottom by bands of accordion-pleated paper. Front cover has peephole.
Hyde, R. Paper peepshows, cat. 205
BAC: British Art Center copy with original slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Dancers -- Pictorial works.Theater -- Pictorial works.Theaters -- Pictorial works.
- Tunnel books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.