Colour chart : sixteen varieties of autotype pigment papers for carbon and carbro.
- London : Autotype Company Ltd., [approximately 1930?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTR440 .A98 1930Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from publisher's cloth covers.
BAC: British At Center copy bound in publisher's original cloth, with green ribbon tie.
Containing 16 carbon prints, each measuring approximately 6.4 x 4.4 cm, mounted on rectos only. Each image is captioned with paper name and number. The paper names show the Autotype Company aligning their papers with processes such as engraving and photogravure. The "Engraving Black" and "Rembrandt Sepia" depict soft tones associated with the intaglio technique, while the "Vandyke Brown" is reminiscent of the gravure technique of the same name.
- Subject Terms:
- Autotype Company -- Catalogs.Autotype process printing.Photography -- Printing processes -- Carbon.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.