Modern British wood engraving , 
Modern British wood engraving : a new look at a traditional medium / The Society of Wood Engravers.
- [England] : Tin Films Production made in collaboration with the Society of Wood Engravers and the Rawlinson Bequest, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (145 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 310Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "PLUS: 10 x 10 mintue conversations with ten featured artists: Neil Bousfield -- Simon Brett, RE -- Harry Brockway, ARE -- Chris Daunt -- Anne Desmet, RA, RE -- Edwina Ellis, RE -- John Lawrence, RE -- Peter Lawrence, RE -- Miriam Macgregor, ARE -- Hilary Paynter, RE"-- back cover.
Produced and directed by Leonie Bradley and David Robertson.
"Since the revival of the Society of Wood Engravers in the early 1980s, British wood engravers have led the world with their breadth of technical skill and design composition. For the first time, British wood engravers are captured in depth on film exploring the medium throughout the entire process of producing a print: developing the design, preparing the block, engraving techniques and different printing practices, including colour. The film looks at the wide application of wood engravings today including independent prints for exhibiton, book illustration, fine art press and advertising. Other contributors to the film include the author Phillip Pullman CBE, FRSL, Bankside Gallery and the Ashmolean Museum"--back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Book illustrations.Bousfield, Neil, 1967-Brett, Simon, 1943-Brockway, Harry, 1958-Daunt, Christopher.Desmet, Anne, 1964-Ellis, Edwina.Lawrence, John, 1933-Lawrence, Peter, 1951-Macgregor, Miriam.Paynter, Hilary.Wood-engravers -- Great Britain.Wood-engraving, British -- 21st century.