Sean Scully : Vita Duplex / herausgegeben von der/edited by Staatlichen Kunsthalle Karlsruhe und dem/and the LWL-Museum für Kunst und Kultur, Münster.
- Additional Title(s):
- Karlsruhe : Staatliche Kunsthalle Karlsruhe ; Berlin : Hatje Cantz, 
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), facsimiles, portraits ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Scu55 A12 2018 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In conjunction with an exhibition held at Staatliche Kunsthalle, Karlsruhe, 24.3.2018-5.8.2018 and LWL-Museum für Kunst und Kultur, Münster, 4.5.2019-8.9.2019.
Includes bibliographical references.
"Sean Scully, one of the most important aritsts of our time, allows conflict to be carried out in his works--conflict between structure and emotion, body and spirit, impulsivity and reflection. The Irish-American painter has been reinterpreting abstract art since the 1960s, not as a purely formal exploration of color, form, planes, structure, body, and light, but as a medium whose means of expression is tied to external and internal moods, literary influences, and physical experiences. Scully has articulated his attitude in many lectures, interviews, and texts, which comprise the starting point for the exhibition Vita Duplex. With 140 illustrations, the eponymous catalogue provides a comprehensive look at the artist's visual oeuvre, as well as his world of ideas, and defines its place in the history of abstract painting."--back cover
- Subject Terms:
- Painting, Abstract -- Exhibitions.Scully, Sean, 1945- -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Scully, Sean, 1945-, Sean Scully ,