Dunbar Hay Ltd, 1935-40, & the achievements of Cecilia Dunbar Kilburn / Simon Lawrence.
- Additional Title(s):
Dunbar Hay Ltd, 1935-1940, and the achievements of Cecilia Dunbar Kilburn
- Upper Denby : The Fleece Press, 2016.
Sheffield : Northend Creative Print Solutions, 2016.
Finedon : Fine Book Bindery, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 169 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNK1447.6.D86 L39 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-163) and index.
Some illustrations mounted.
"There are 270 copies of this book, of which 120 are specially bound in quarter cloth and a patterned paper based on a fragment of silk left over from the shop; these are housed in a solander box & are accompanied by an original copy of Eric Ravilious' engraved trade card made for Dunbar Hay in 1938, along with a piece of organdie block-printed by Enid Marx in the late 1930s. 150 standard copies are quarter bound in cloth and a patterned paper based on a further unidentified Dunbar Hay cloth sample. The book was designed and typeset in Miller Diplay by Simon Lawrence .... The images were prepared for publication by Ian Wright Creative; the printing was done by Northend Creative Print Solutions in Sheffield, and it was bound by Patrick Roe and his team at the Fine Book Bindery, Finedon."--Colophon.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and design -- England -- History -- 20th century.Art museums -- England.Artists -- England -- Biography.Dunbar Hay Ltd -- History.Private press books -- Specimens.Sempill, Cecilia, 1903-1984.
- Cloth quarter bindings -- Italy -- 2016.
Limited editions -- England -- 2016.
Paper (fibre product) boards (binding components) -- England -- 2016.
Private press books -- England -- 2016.
- Foreword / by Gabriel Sempill
- Dunbar Hay Ltd : the Royal College of Art connection
- Industrial artists, an emerging profession : 'interpreters of art to the people'
- Cecilia Lady Sempill : Dunbar Hay, notes for a lecture
- Dunbar Hay, a brief but unique project
- Closed for the duration, & life moves on.