Bryan, Michael, 1757-1821, A catalogue of that superlatively capital assemblage of valuable pictures, formed from the sales of the several celebrated collections of M. de Calonne, Baron Nagel, and Sir Joshua Reynolds , 
- A catalogue of that superlatively capital assemblage of valuable pictures, formed from the sales of the several celebrated collections of M. de Calonne, Baron Nagel, and Sir Joshua Reynolds : with other capital pictures of the first class : forming together an assemblage, superior to any collection that has ever been offered to pubolic attention in this or any other country, comprising the inestimable works of the most-admired Masters :: which will be sold by private contract, at Mr. Bryan's gallery, in Savile Row, on Monday the 27th day of April, 1795, and following days.
- London : Printed by S. Low, Berwick Street, Soho, 
- Physical Description:
- 22,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 6 no. 9 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Private contract sale and exhibition.
With a half-title.
Final two pages blank.
Signatures: [A]-[B]² C-F². [A]2 forms final leaf.
"To be publicly viewed from eleven o'clock till five. Admittance two shillings and sixpence."
The sales of the collections of de Calonne, Nagel and Reynolds referred to may have been those of 23 March (auctioneer Skinner and Dyke), 21 March (Christie) and 11 March (rescheduled to 13 March) (Christie) of the same year respectively.
Artists include Rubens, Vandyke, Rembrandt, Cuyp, Titian, N. Pousson, Claude, Leonardo da Vinci,
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 5299a
English short title catalogue, T161830
Place of sale: London.
Date of sale: April 27, 1795, and following days.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 9 of 53 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections.Calonne, Charles Alexandre de, 1734-1802Calonne, Charles Alexandre de, 1734-1802 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Nagell, Anne Willem Carel, Baron van, 1756-1851Nagell, Anne Willem Carel, Baron van, 1756-1851 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Painting, European -- Exhibitions -- Early works to 1800.Painting, European -- Private collections -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Painting, European -- Private collections.Painting, European.Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.