Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the capital, select, and valuable collection of Etruscan or Greek vases , 
- A catalogue of the capital, select, and valuable collection of Etruscan or Greek vases : the sole property of that late ingenious artist, Mr., Guy Head, Dec. : formed by him with great diligence, and at infinite expence, during a residence of many years in Italy : this well-known assemblage comprises many exquisite Sicilian and Nola vases : and a variety of rare specimens of the early workmanship of the most curious and interesting subjects and elegant forms, the whole in high preservation and truly deserving the attention of the lovers of antient art, and the curious collectors : also, a curious model of the Colosseum, in Cork : an elegant Italian clock-case, with figures in statuary marble : a painter's thrown and skreen : and a very large assortment of new Italian pencils and brushes, (lotted in small parcels for the accommodation of artists) : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Wednesday May the 26th, 1802, at twelve o'clock : may be viewed two days preceding the sale, when catalogues, may be had in Pall Mall.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
[London] : J. Smeeton, Printer,
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 6 no.16 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: May 26, 1802.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for some lots. Number 16 of 53 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Artists' materials -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Head, Guy, 1760-1800 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Vases -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.