Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a truly valuable assemblage of articles of virtu of William Chinnery, Esq. brought from Gillwell, Essex , 
- A catalogue of a truly valuable assemblage of articles of virtu of William Chinnery, Esq. brought from Gillwell, Essex : consisting principally of a most choice collection of painted Greek vases of the most beautiful shapes and learned designs : including the much celebrated vase representing the Death of Patroclus : and a variety of antique and other interesting marbles : a few antique bustos, some fine bronzes, articles of or-moulu, and curious Oriental and Seve porcelain : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room in Pall Mall, on Wednesday, June 3d, 1812, and following day, at one o'clock precisely : may be viewed two days preceding, when catalogues may be had of H. C. Litchfield, Esq. Solicitor to the Treasury, No. 5, Stone Buildings, Lincoln's-Inn; and in Pall Mall.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 6 no.31 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-997
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 8190
Date of sale: June 3-4, 1812.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for some lots. Number 31 of 53 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Chinnery, William, active 1812.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Sculpture -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Vases, Greek -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.