Paterson, Samuel, 1728-1802, A catalogue of a curious collection of stained or painted glass , 1772
- A catalogue of a curious collection of stained or painted glass : exhibiting a variety of histories, emblems, portraits, figures, landscapes, coats of arms of several English families, and cities, mosaic and other ornaments, &c. : the production of the late ingenious Mr. Price, of Hatton-Garden, deceased, and of Mr. William Peckitt, of York : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Samuel Paterson, at Essex-House, in Essex-Street, in the Strand, on Thursday, May the 14th 1772, and the following day, to begin each day exactly at twelve o'clock : to be viewed on Tuesday the 12th and to the time of sale.
- [London] : [Samuel Paterson], 1772.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 6 no.38 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A907
Date of sale: May 14-15, 1772.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 38 of 53 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Peckitt, William, 1731-1795.Price, William, 1703-1765 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Stained glass windows -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.