The English pilot , MDCCXLI 
- The English pilot : part I, describing the sea-coasts, capes, headlands, bays, roads, harbours, rivers, and ports : together with the soundings, sands, rocks and dangers in the southern navigation upon the coasts of England, Scotland, Ireland, Holland, Flanders, Spain, Portugal, to the streights-mouth, with the coasts of Barbary, and off to the Canary, Madera, Cape de Verde, and Western Islands : shewing the courses and distances from one place to another, the setting of the tides and currents, the ebbing and flowing of the sea, &c.
- London : Printed for William Mount and Thomas Page, at the Postern on Tower-Hill, MDCCXLI 
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas : illustrations, maps (some folded) ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and Manuscripts(Folio A) Atlas 29bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ.
- Adams, T.R. English maritime books printed before 1801, 869
- Subject Terms:
- Europe.Geography -- Early works to 1800.Geography.Nautical charts -- Africa -- To 1800.Nautical charts -- Europe -- To 1800.Navigation -- Early works to 1800.Navigation.North Atlantic Ocean.Pilot guides -- Europe -- Early works to 1800.Pilot guides -- North Atlantic Ocean -- Early works to 1800.Pilot guides.
- Early maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.