The English pilot : part V, describing the sea-coasts, capes, head-lands, bays, roads, harbours, rivers, ports ... : together with the soundings, sands, shoals, rocks and dangers, on the West-coat [sic] of Africa : from the Straits of Gibralter to the Cape of Good Hope ...
- The third edition, with new additions
- London : Printed for William Mount and Thomas Page, on Tower-Hill, MDCCXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, 42 pages,  leaves of plates) : illustrations, maps ; 46 cm
- Rare Books and Manuscripts(Folio A) Atlas 29fYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scales differ
- Adams, T.R. English maritime books printed before 1801, 995
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later calf. The reverse of the plate depicting Arguin bears a chart drawn in black ink titled: "The projection of the Mercator's chart from the Latde. of 20°0ʹ00 to the Latde. of 50°0ʹ00 N. containing 15° of Wt. Longde. and 10° of Et. Longitude, 1733." The reverse of this sheet bears various calculations and the signature of Geo. Carnegie.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa -- Maps.Carnegie, George -- Autograph.Nautical charts -- Africa.Pilot guides -- Africa.
Woodcuts -- 1739.
Etchings -- 1739.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.