Farebrother, Charles, A catalogue of the reserved and choicest part of a valuable collection of antient stained glass in the selection of which neither expence nor pains have been spared , 
- A catalogue of the reserved and choicest part of a valuable collection of antient stained glass in the selection of which neither expence nor pains have been spared : exhibiting freedom of pencilling, and beauty of coloring, superior to any ever yet imported : the whole to be sold by auction, (without reserve) by Mr. Farebrother, at Mess. Blades and Hermon's Great Roon, no. 25, Conduit Street, Bond Street, on Saturday, the 15th of May, 1802, at twelve o'clock : to be viewed two days preceding -- catalogues had at the place of sale : and at Mr. Farebrother;s office, no. 5, College Street, Westminster.
- [London] : [Mr. Farebrother], 
[London] : Smith, printer,
- Physical Description:
- 7,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+v.6,no.46 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: May 15, 1802.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in graphite with sale prices for all lots. Number 46 of 53 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Glass painting and staining -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.