Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a most valuable and unique collection of ancient stained glass , 
- A catalogue of a most valuable and unique collection of ancient stained glass : comprising noble altar pieces, windows for churches, collegiate buildings, and Gothic country residences : also many exquisite cabinet pieces of the finest colouring and richest enamel : the whole collected, at a very great expence, by a gentleman of enlarged information and fine taste, during the early part of the French Revolution, from the suppressed churches and religious houses in Germany, France, and the Netherlands : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, in Pall Mall, on Thursday, June, 16, 1808, and the following day : the collection to be viewed two days before the sale : catalogues, one shilling each, to be returned to purchasers.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie, 
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+v.6,no.51 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: June 16, 1808.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in pen and ink with sale prices for all lots. Number 51 of 53 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Glass painting and staining -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Stained glass windows -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.