Phillips, H., -1840, A catalogue of the collection of rare and estimable original drawings, antient & modern prints, and books of prints , 
- A catalogue of the collection of rare and estimable original drawings, antient & modern prints, and books of prints : which has been formed during the last thirty years by selections from the most renowned cabinets and collections in France, Italy, and England, and materially assisted by the great events which have occurred during that period on the continent : comprising fine productions of the Italian, Flemish, Dutch, French & British schools by Marc Antonio, Bonasone, Rembrandt, Sharpe, Wierix, Desnoyers, Goltzius, Earlom, Bartolozzi, Schiavonetti, Laugier, Browne, Heath, Strange, Woollett &c. &c. &c. : many of which are proofs, and all fine impressions : some choice specimens by Raphael Morghen : fine portraits and topographical prints : a numerous collection of English and foreign vignettes : among the books of prints are some curious and rare : also, a collection of prints, drawings, and books of prints, of a nobleman, who purchased them last season and did not pay for, or clear them : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Phillips, at his Great Room, 73, New Bond Street, on Monday, 1st of March, 1824, & three following days, at one o'clock : may now be viewed, and catalogues (at 1s. each) had at Mr. Phillip's, New Bond Street.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Collection of antient & modern prints & drawings, principally formed by William Beckford, Esq.
Collection of ancient and modern prints and drawings, principally formed by William Beckford, Esq.
- [London] : [Mr. Phillips], 
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 7 no.5 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- At head of title: Collection of antient & modern prints & drawings, principally formed by William Beckford, Esq.
Date of sale: March 1-4, 1824.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for all lots and some buyers. Number 5 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819. Inscribed in ink on front cover: Lord Northwick no. 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.