Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the very valuable collection of Italian pictures of John Robert Udney, Esq. , 
- A catalogue of the very valuable collection of Italian pictures of John Robert Udney, Esq. : partly selected from the celebrated Orleans Gallery and partly from the collection of the late John Udley, Esq. : well known from the distinguished works of art obtained by him during a long residence in Italy : among them will be found the Madonna, with the Columbine, by L. Da Vinci, from the Orleans Gallery : Noli me Tangere, by Corregia, and a Holy Family, by Parmegiano, from the same : the Martyrdom of St. Lawrence, from the original design by Baccio Bandinelli, which has been engraved by Marc Antonio : Cupid on a Lion, by Titian, from the Udney Collection : Ecce Homo, by Schiavone : the Assumption, by Campagnola : the Virgin and Child, by Lod. Carracci and cabinet specimens by Raffaelle, A. Del Sarto, Giorgione, Palma Vecchio, P. Bordone, Bassano, Cangiagio, A. Carracci, Guercino, Guido, Domenichino, Albano, L. Spada, Caravaggio, Sasso Ferrato, F. Lauri, Claude, Jordaens, G. Jansen, Zuccarelli : also, two old Italian copies, from the celebrated pictures of St. Jerome, and the Madonna della Scudella, by Corregio, at Parma, of gallery size : which will be sold by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Friday, May the 15th, 1829, at one o'clock precisely : may be viewed two days preceding, and catalogues had at Mr. Christie's office, King Street, St. James's Square.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 7 no.13 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-3282
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 12047
Date of sale: May 15, 1829.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in pen and ink with sale prices for some lots. Number 13 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Udny, John Robert, 1779- -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Udny, John, 1727-1800 -- Art Collections -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.