Eliza Jones sampler.
- Great Britain, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sampler : embroidery ; visible area 11 x 9 cm, in frame 12 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 1bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Sampler made with gold silk on wool net. On five rows the sampler bears: the alphabet, in uppercase letters; numbers 1 through 6; the alphabet in lowercase letters; and the numbers 1 through 4. Signed at bottom, over three rows: Eliza Jones, Dec. 15, 1813.
- Subject Terms:
- Jones, Eliza, active 1813.Women -- Education -- Great Britain.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.