Edward Foster (Firm), A catalogue of a most valuable collection of pictures, of the Italian, Flemish, Dutch, & English schools , 
- A catalogue of a most valuable collection of pictures, of the Italian, Flemish, Dutch, & English schools : including many of extraordinary merit, the property of a nobleman : a magnificent landscape by Berghem ... : an interior by A. Ostade ... from the King of Bavaria's collection ... : ... landscape, with cows and horses, by A. Cuyp : the Remorse of Judas Iscariot, by Rembrandt : View of St. Mark's Place, Cannaletti : a group of flowers, by Maria Van Osterwick, ... : the Head of St. Sebastian, by Guido, ... from the Caza Bartolotti, the finished study for the picture in the Dulwich Gallery ... : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Edward Foster, at his auction gallery, no. 54, Pall Mall, on Wednesday, the 16th day of June, 1830, and following day, at twelve o'clock : may be viewed three days before the sale, when catalogue may be had, at 1s. each, at the gallery, 54, Pall Mall.
- [London] : [Mr. Foster], 
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 7 no.26 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-3526
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 12413
Date of sale: June 16-17, 1830.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink sale prices and buyer's name for some lots. List of prices and buyer's name in ink:  pages tipped in at front.  page tipped in at end with list of Lord Norwick's purchases: lots 43 100, and 174. Number 26 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.