Album of crochet samples.
- Additional Title(s):
Album de crochets
- Great Britain?, early 20th century.
- Physical Description:
- 41 leaves (approximately 170 samples) ; 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 27Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Bound in blind- and gold-stamped contemporary blue cloth, rebacked. The title "Album de crochets" is stamped on the front cover.
Album of crochet samples, made by an unidentified compiler. Samples are stitched on one side only of the blue leaves of the album, generally on facing pages. At the end of the album there is one sample of needle lace and six knitting stitch samplers.
The crochet work uses a uniform white thread throughout, with very occasional use of colored threads. The samples generally feature meshes, filet crochet, or lace crochet.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Textile fabrics -- Sample books.Textile fabrics -- Specimens.
- Sample books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.