Phillips, H., -1840, Catalogue of a valuable collection of pictures, lately returned from New York, in America , 
- Catalogue of a valuable collection of pictures, lately returned from New York, in America : including many of the finest productions of the Italian, Dutch, Flemish, and English schools, particulary a landscape, by Hobbima : Virgin of the rocks, L. da Vinci : View in Holland, by Ruysdael : Sea port, by Lingleback : Landscape, by K. du Jardin, &c. &c. which by direction of the assignees, will be sold without the least reservation.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Pictures of high rank, by order of the assignees of Richd. Abraham.
- [London] : [Mr. Phillips], 
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 7. no.35 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- This is the first part of a two day sale, but the two parts evidently had separate catalogues although the lot numbering is continuous.--Getty provenance index.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-3723
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 12705
Place of auction: London.
Date of sale: June 28, 1831.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for most lots and names of some buyers. Number 35 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Abraham, Richard, -approximately 1831 -- Art collection -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.