The wonders of the world : chiefly in reference to the architectural works of the ancients : an entirely new game, for the amusement and education of youth / W. Kohler litho.
- London : William Spooner, 377 Strand, [ca. 1843]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored lithograph ; sheet 54 x 44 cm, folded to 15 x 16 cm and 29,  pages ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .W66 1843Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Accompanied by a printed booklet bearing the rules of the game and a description of the subjects.
Date of publication from Liman.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 166-169
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days, pages 42-43
BAC: British Art Center copy includes original instruction booklet.
"The whole 50 pictures form a race from No. 1 the Saxon Arch to no. 50 the Parthenon, where the first comer takes the pool ..."--Whitehouse.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture.Educational games -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Historic buildings.Historic sites.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1843.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.