IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The new game of the multiplication table, [between 1830 and 1832]
The new game of the multiplication table.
- London : Printed and published by D. Carvalho, 74, Chiswell-Street, Finsbury-Square, [between 1830 and 1832]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored illustrations ; sheet 48 x 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2021 1bYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Caption title.
"By the author of Pence table, Public buildings, Trials of skill, Conundrums, &c. &c."--Recto slipcase.
"Price 2s. 6d."--Verso of slipcase.
Carvalho was active at 74 Chiswell Street from 1830 to 1832. See: Brown, Philip A.H. London publishers and printers, p. 33.
Engraving on frame no. 41 signed Pickering.
Broadside includes publisher's advertisements.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 156-157
BAC: British Art Center copy includes original slipcase (shelved separately: GV1199 .N49 1830).
- Subject Terms:
- Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.Mathematical recreations -- Juvenile literature.Multiplication -- Juvenile literature.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1830-1832.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.