The new game of the multiplication table, [between 1830 and 1832]
- The new game of the multiplication table.
- London : Printed and published by D. Carvalho, 74, Chiswell-Street, Finsbury-Square, [between 1830 and 1832]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored illustrations ; sheet 48 x 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .N49 1830Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Multiplication game broadside with 14 hand-colored wood engravings.
"By the author of Pence table, Public buildings, Trials of skill, Conundrums, &c. &c."--Recto slipcase.
"Price 2s. 6d."--Verso of slipcase.
Carvalho was active at 74 Chiswell Street from 1830 to 1832. See: Brown, Philip A.H. London publishers and printers, p. 33.
Engraving on frame no. 41 signed Pickering.
Broadside includes publisher's advertisements.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 156-157
BAC: British Art Center copy includes original slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.Mathematical recreations -- Juvenile literature.Multiplication -- Juvenile literature.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1830-1832.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.