IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The road to the temple of honour and fame , May 20, 1811
The road to the temple of honour and fame : an instructive and entertaining game.
- London : Published ... by J. Harris ..., May 20, 1811.
London : H. Bryer, printer
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored engraving ; sheet 59 x 43 cm, folded to 20 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .R63 1811Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from game board.
Title on case (in hand-col. etching mounted on case): The Road to the temple of Honour and Fame : a new game. "Published Dec. 26, 1810, by J. Harris."
Players' manual (15 p. ; 16 cm.)--has t.p. reading: Rules and directions for playing the game, A Road to the temple of Honour and Fame : shewing that the most exalted situations in life may be gained by good conduct and attention to learning. London : Printed for J. Harris, 1810.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 40-43
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days, page 49
BAC: British Art Center copy includes original booklet and slipcase. Slipcase autographed: F. [?] L. Barnicoat.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnicoat, F. L. -- Autograph.Conduct of life.Educational games.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1811.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.