The road to the temple of honour and fame : an instructive and entertaining game.
- London : Published ... by J. Harris ..., May 20, 1811.
London : H. Bryer, printer
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored engraving ; sheet 59 x 43 cm, folded to 20 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .R63 1811Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from game board.
Title on case (in hand-col. etching mounted on case): The Road to the temple of Honour and Fame : a new game. "Published Dec. 26, 1810, by J. Harris."
Players' manual (15 p. ; 16 cm.)--has t.p. reading: Rules and directions for playing the game, A Road to the temple of Honour and Fame : shewing that the most exalted situations in life may be gained by good conduct and attention to learning. London : Printed for J. Harris, 1810.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 40-43
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days, page 49
BAC: British Art Center copy includes original booklet and slipcase. Slipcase autographed: F. [?] L. Barnicoat.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnicoat, F. L. -- Autograph.Conduct of life.Educational games.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1811.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.