IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Laurie's new and entertaining game of the golden goose, 
Laurie's new and entertaining game of the golden goose.
- Additional Title(s):
New and entertaining game of the golden goose
- [London] : Published Novr. 22nd 1831 by Richd. Holmes Laurie, No. 53 Fleet St., London, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand colored engraving ; 40 x 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2021 1cYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from board game.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, page 68
Goodfellow, C. Collector's guide to games and puzzles, 8
Selected exhibitions: "Instruction and Delight: Children's Games from the Ellen and Arthur Liman Collection" (Yale Center for British Art, 17 January-23 May, 2019).
Like 'The Royal Pastime of Cupid, or, Entertaining Game of the Snake', this game is a classic race game, with the track lain within an outline of a goose. The player would lose a turn if they landed on the 'Inn', as payment for "beverages." 'Death' (square 58) was the worse roll; a player landing on it had to go back to the start.
- Subject Terms:
- Board games -- Great Britain.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
Instruction and Delight: Children's Games from the Ellen and Arthur Liman Collection (Yale Center for British Art, January 17, 2019-May 23, 2019) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.