Laurie's new and entertaining game of the golden goose.
- Additional Title(s):
New and entertaining game of the golden goose
- [London] : Published Novr. 22nd 1831 by Richd. Holmes Laurie, No. 53 Fleet St., London, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand colored engraving ; 40 x 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2021 1cYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from board game.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, page 68
Goodfellow, C. Collector's guide to games and puzzles, 8
Selected exhibitions: "Instruction and Delight: Children's Games from the Ellen and Arthur Liman Collection" (Yale Center for British Art, 17 January-23 May, 2019).
Like 'The Royal Pastime of Cupid, or, Entertaining Game of the Snake', this game is a classic race game, with the track lain within an outline of a goose. The player would lose a turn if they landed on the 'Inn', as payment for "beverages." 'Death' (square 58) was the worse roll; a player landing on it had to go back to the start.
- Subject Terms:
- Board games -- Great Britain.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.