Laurie's new and entertaining game of the golden goose, 
- Laurie's new and entertaining game of the golden goose.
- Alternate Title(s):
- New and entertaining game of the golden goose
- [London] : Published Novr. 22nd 1831 by Richd. Holmes Laurie, No. 53 Fleet St., London, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand colored engraving ; 40 x 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .L38 1831Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Like 'The Royal Pastime of Cupid, or, Entertaining Game of the Snake', this game is a classic race game, with the track lain within an outline of a goose. The player would lose a turn if they landed on the 'Inn', as payment for "beverages." 'Death' (square 58) was the worse roll; a player landing on it had to go back to the start.
Title from board game.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, page 68
Goodfellow, C. Collector's guide to games and puzzles, 8
Selected exhibitions: "Instruction and Delight: Children's Games from the Ellen and Arthur Liman Collection" (Yale Center for British Art, 17 January-23 May, 2019).
- Subject Terms:
- Board games -- Great Britain.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.