Spooner's pictorial map of England & Wales : arranged as an amusing and instructive game for youth / illustrated with upwards of one hundred & twenty views.
- Additional Title(s):
Cover title: Travellers of England and Wales.
- London : Published by William Spooner ..., Novr. 5th, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored lithograph ; sheet 63 x 51 cm, folded to 17 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .S66 1844Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title and imprint from game board.
Board consists of an outline map of England and Wales with various views.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 130-131
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original red cloth folder, with lithographed title label. With the label of "Leuchars late Dunnett's Toy Warehouse, 3 Cheapside, London" on inside of front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Educational games.England -- Maps.England -- Pictorial works.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.Wales -- Maps.Wales -- Pictorial works.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1844.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.