Royal race course : a merry round game / designed & lithographed by G.E. Madeley, 3 Wellington Street, Strand.
- [London] : [David Ogilvy], [ca. 1845?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : hand-colored lithograph ; sheet 48 x 48, folded in covers 18 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .R69 1842Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Dissected into nine panels and mounted on linen.
Publisher's original cloth covers include directions for playing the game on the verso of the front cover. Advertisement for other games published by David Ogilvy affixed to the verso of the game board.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 90-95
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days, pages 67-68
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original gilt-stamped cloth covers.
- Subject Terms:
- Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.