Hogg & Starkey, [Billhead of Hogg & Starkey, linen, woolen, drapers, and dealers in British lace for cloth and ribbons purchased by George Pearson], 
[Billhead of Hogg & Starkey, linen, woolen, drapers, and dealers in British lace for cloth and ribbons purchased by George Pearson].
- [Macclesfield] : [Hogg & Starkey], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : engraving ; 26 x 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD9940.G82 H64 1823 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Completed in pen and black ink.
Records purchases on March 12, May 7, and Nov 1, 7, 19, and 20, 1823 of black sash ribbon, black satin, imitation shawl, rose sain, fitch muff, cotton handkerchief, muslim, crimson sash ribbon for a bill totalling £7/4/9. Receipt of payment is afixed dated April 28th, 1824, from the estate of George Pearson, deceased Dec. 31st, 1823. Received by Robert Hogg.
Engraved billhead with engraving at top of billhead of a woman holding an anchor against a seascape with a banner which reads "Importers of British Laces."
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Hogg & Starkey.Lace and lace making -- Great Britain.Merchants -- England -- Macclesfield -- 19th century.Pearson, George, -1823.Woolen goods industry -- Great Britain.
- Receipts (financial records)
Engravings -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.