Beaten & blocked : metalworks by Jon Mills : woodcuts by Andrew Mockett : 31 January-4 April 2004.
- Additional Title(s):
Beaten and blocked
- London : Printed by D. Langlois at Colourgraph, [2004?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 30 x 22 cm, in box 32 x 24 x 5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 28Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Andrew MockettAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "All woodblocks for this catalogue: sponsored by North Rd. Timber, Brighton. Thanks to Anne, Gary and ... err ... Terry."--Colophon, vol. 2.
Title from box top; additional title information from interior of the box.
Imprint from colophon of volume 2 (Blocked).
Issued in an edition of 90 copies.
Blocked includes two photographs of Andrew Mockett.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 13 of 90, signed and numbered by the artist (on the interior of the box); later dated 7-7-18.
"Beaten and Blocked is a two volume catalogue from a joint show I had at Brighton Museum in 2004. Volume one is portrait in format, featuring the work of Jon Mill's sculpture. Volume two is landscape and devoted to all the terrible disasters in my early creative life. Rejection letters, acceptance letters for awful jobs and characters I have worked with in menial jobs. Students like this book the best due to its rather self deprecating tone."--Description provided by Andrew Mockett.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Langlois, D. -- Printer.Mills, Jon, 1959- -- Exhibitions.Mockett, Andrew -- Exhibitions.Royal Pavilion, Art Gallery, and Museums -- Exhibitions.Sculpture, British -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Color woodcuts -- 2004.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.