Strip of Binche bobbin lace, early 19th century
- Strip of Binche bobbin lace
- Bruges?, early 19th century.
- Physical Description:
- 1 strip of lace : linen ; approximately 230 x 3 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCabinet C (In Process)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The strip of lace was presumably intended to function as a border. It is made from 70 bobbins.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Belgium.Clothing trade -- Belgium.Lace and lace making -- Belgium -- Bruges.Lace industry -- BelgiumTextile fabrics -- Specimens.
- Textile materials.
Binche bobbin lace.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.