Strip of Binche bobbin lace
- Bruges?, early 19th century.
- Physical Description:
- 1 strip of lace : linen ; approximately 230 x 3 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCabinet C (In Process)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The strip of lace was presumably intended to function as a border. It is made from 70 bobbins.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Belgium.Clothing trade -- Belgium.Lace and lace making -- Belgium -- Bruges.Lace industry -- BelgiumTextile fabrics -- Specimens.
- Textile materials.
Binche bobbin lace.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.