Campbell, R. W., Dorothy, V.A.D., and the doctor , 1918
- Dorothy, V.A.D., and the doctor / by R.W. Campbell ...
- London ; Edinburgh : W. & R. Chambers, 1918.
- Physical Description:
- 96 pages ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6005.A417 D67 1918Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Epistolary story in ten chapters (each addressed to "My Dearest Topsy" and signed "Your Dearest Friend, Dorothy Deene") descriptive of the life of a nurse in the Voluntary Aid Detachment.
The front cover bears an illustration of a nurse by Joyce Dennys -- the artist who also drew pictures for Our Hospital ABC. Dennys was herself a nurse in the V.A.D stationed at Budleigh Salterton Auxiliary Hospital from December 1914 until December 1915 before moving on to Number Two Military Hospital in Exeter, from January to October 1916.
BAC: Britiish Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Military nursing -- Fiction.Nurses -- Great Britain -- Fiction.Voluntary Aid Detachment (Great Britain) -- Fiction.World War, 1914-1918 -- Fiction.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.