One hundred voices from nature, or, Apples of gold in a net-work of silver / by Mrs. Graham Campbell ...
- Additional Title(s):
One hundred voices from nature
Apples of gold in a net-work of silver
- Cheltenham : Published for the authoress ; London : Longman & Co., 1861.
London : J. Davy & Sons, printers
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 132 pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4409.C86 O54 1861Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English Catalogue of books, volume 1, page 120
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gold-stamped blue cloth. Binder's label: Bound by G.R. Moore, 61, St. Martins Lane. Publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
Nature poetry. Campbell provides a "Classified index," arranging each of her 100 poems according to the Animal Kingdom (including antelope, bees, ostrich, spider and birds), Vegetable Kingdom (including cactus, flowers, mosses, grasses and misseltoe) and "Miscellaneous." This third section includes poems on the Aurora Borealis, rocks, memory, stars and “The Comet,” presumably referring to a sighting by the author of the Great Comet of 1860. Includes chromoxylographed illustrations of a Goldfinch and a Guinea Fowl.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Poetry.Natural history -- Poetry.Plants -- Poetry.Women in natural history.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1861.
Publishers' bindings (Binding) -- England -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Campbell, Graham, Mrs., One hundred voices from nature, or, Apples of gold in a net-work of silver , 1861
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.