Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of twelve very capital and valuable Italian, Flemish and Dutch pictures , 
- A catalogue of twelve very capital and valuable Italian, Flemish and Dutch pictures : which were formerly a part of the well-known and superb collection of the late Walsh Porte, Esq. : comprising a Holy Family, by A. Del Sarto ... : The Family of Rubens, in which he has represented himself as St. George, and his three wives, presented to the Virgin, with St. Jerome by her side : a magnificent performance from the Balbi Palace at Genoa : a landscape, with historical figures, by Claude, from the Colonna Palace : two ... pictures by Titian : one by Giorgione, formerly in the Orleans Gallery : one by C. Bassano : ... gallery picture, by V. Dyck : and others by O. Veronses, Carracci, A. Ostade, and Hobbima : the above (by order of the Administrator, and under an oath obtained from the Court of Chancery,) will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, No. 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, May the 6th, 1826, at two o'clock precisely : may be viewed two days preceding, when catalogues may be had of Mr. Christie, No. 8, King Street, St. James's Square.
- [London] : [James Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 5,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v.8 no.2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .C47 1826aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-2814
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 1169
Date of sale: May 6, 1826.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center N8640 .N6+ v. 8 no. 2 copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Number 2 of 44 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick. Annotated in pen and ink on last page of purchases made by Lord Northwick, at auction held by Mr. Christie on May 8, 1828, of the collection of Lord Gwydair.
BAC: British Art Center N8640 .C47 1826a copy is annotated in graphite with sale prices for all lots.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- England -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bassano, Cesare, 1584-1648.Carracci, Agostino, 1557-1602.Giorgione, 1477-1511.Hobbema, Meindert, 1638-1709.London Institution -- Ownership.Lorrain, Claude, 1600-1682.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Ostade, Adriaen van, 1610-1685.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Porter, Walsh, -1809 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Rubens, Peter Paul, 1577-1640.Sarto, Andrea del, 1486-1530.Titian, approximately 1488-1576.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.