Christie & Manson, A catalogue of the small but valuable collection of pictures of the late John Ewer, Esq. of Bedford Square , 
- A catalogue of the small but valuable collection of pictures of the late John Ewer, Esq. of Bedford Square : collected by him during the last thirty years : and which will be sold, by order of the executors, without reserve, by Messrs. Christie & Manson, at their great room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, May the 12th, 1832, at one o'clock precisely : may be viewed two days preceding, and catalogues had at Messrs. Christie & Manson's Office, 8, King Street, St. James's Square.
- [London] : [Messrs Christie & Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 8 no.15 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artist's included are John Linnell, Joshua Reynolds, George Morland, Richard Wilson, Thomas Gainsborough, Carlo Dolce, Francis Mola, Guercino, Greuze, Berghem, and A. Vandevelde.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-3910
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 12980
Date of sale: May 12, 1832.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Number 15 of 44 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Ewer, John, -approximately 1832 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.