Phillips, H., -1840, A catalogue of the splendid & highly estimable collection of pictures , 
- A catalogue of the splendid & highly estimable collection of pictures : which has to boast of the following undoubted specimens, namely six by Rembrandt, seven by Vanderneer, five by Berghem, six by William Vandevelde, seven by Teniers, three by Jan Stein : four by Cuyp, six by Ruysdael and especially A Virgin and child, by Corregio, from the ducal palace at Modena ; the celebrated water mill, by Ruysdael ; Rubens' original study for his rainbow landscape ; a landscape with his father's wind mill introduced by Rembrandt ; and others of equal consequence, by Titian, L. Da Vinci, Caracci, Domenichino, Albano, Hobbima, A. V. Velde, Terburg, Metzu, Wouvermans, A. V. Ostade, Vandyck, G. Dow, Netscher, Rubens, Greuze, De Hooge, Backhuysen, C. Dolci, Wynants : the entire property of Thomas Emmerson, Esq. forming the elite and most valuable portion of his collection : which will be sold by auction (without reserve) by Mr. Phillips at his rooms, No. 73, New Bond Street, on Friday, the 15th day of June, 1832, and following day, at one o'cloci : may be viewed four days before the sale, at Mr. Phillips's, No. 73, New Bond Street, by catalogues, at one shilling each.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Important collection of pictures of Thomas Emmerson, Esq. of Stratford Place
- [London] : [Mr. Phillips], 
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 8 no.22 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, 13018
Place of auction: London.
Date of sale: June 15-16, 1832.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Emmerson, Thomas, -1854 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.