A catalogue of the very valuable and highly interesting collection of pictures : miniatures, marbles, bronzes, ancient plate, and Oriental china, removed from the seat of the late Lord de Clifford, King's Weston, near Bristol : among the pictures will be found specimens of Raffaelle, Titian, A. Veronese, Carracci, Domenichino, Guido, Guercino, S. Rosa, L. Giordana, C. Maratti, G. Poussin, Mola, Claude, Orizonti, Canaletti, F. Lauri, Panini, Baptiest, V. Harp, Swaneveldt : also a curious and interesting assemblage of portraits of English nobility and gentry by Holbain, Zucchero, Jansens, Oliver, Cooper, Lely, Kneller, V. Deist, Zinke, Sir J. Reynolds, Ramsay, Gardiner : some marble tables on carved stands, marble and bronze figures, busts, and candelabra, and very fine old Japan china : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs Christie & Manson, at their great room, 8 King Street, St. Jame's Square, on Friday, April the 19th, 1833, and following day, at one o'clock precisely : may be viewed two days preceding, and catalogues had at Messrs. Christie & Manson's Office, 8, King Street, St. James's Square.
- [London] : [Christie & Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 10, , 10-13, , 16,  pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 8 no.30 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The second day of the catalogue was misdated March 30. Pages 9-10 are repeated in the numbering.
Also included are works by Vandyck and Rembrandt.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4079
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13283
Date of sale: April 19-20. 1833
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 30 of 44 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick. March 30 crossed out in ink for the second day of the sale and replaced with April 20 in ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bronzes -- Catalogs.Clifford, Edward Southwell, Baron, 1767-1832 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Clifford, Edward Southwell, Baron, 1767-1832.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Marbles -- Catalogs.Miniatures -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Porcelain -- Catalogs.Tableware -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Christie & Manson, A catalogue of the very valuable and highly interesting collection of pictures , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.