Edward Foster (Firm), Catalogue of a valuable collection of pictures, of the old masters, 
- Catalogue of a valuable collection of pictures, of the old masters remarkably alike for the good taste with which they have been selected, and for the great purity in which they have been preserved : the following choice morceaux are included in the sale : the Virgin and child, ... by Guercino : Flora decking Pegasus, by Parmegiano : Bradamente and Agelica, by Guido Rheni ... : ... Leda, by Paul Veronese ... : Virgin and Child, by Raffaelle : Virgin and Child, ... by Albano : ... Landscape with peasants and cattle, by Berchem : ... landscape, by Claude Lorraine : the Holy Family , by Corregio : the Good Centurion, by P. Veronese : a landscape and figures, by Lingleback ... : ... interior with old man reading, ... by Rembrandt : Garden Scene by P. De Hooge : and others by Domenichino, Raffaelle, L. Da Vinci, Parmegiano, P. Veronese, Guido, Guercino, Albano, Palma, Corregio, Rembrandt, Berchem, P. Wouvermans, D. Teniers, P. De Hooge, Edwin Landseer, Reynolds, R. Wilson, Gainsborough, Powell, &c. : which will be sold by auction, Mr. Edward Foster, at his Gallery, 54, Pall Mall, on Tuesday, the 14th of May, 1833, at twelve o'clock : the above collection now on view, and catalogues may be had at Mr. Foster's Offices, 14, Greek Street, Soho Square, and 54, Pall Mall.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Charming collection of pictures
- [ London] : [Edward Foste], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 8 no.32 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4093
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13304
Place of auction: London.
Date of sale: May 14, 1833.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with sale prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 32 of 44 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.