Drawing and writing slate.
- Great Britain, [between 1850 and 1900]
- Physical Description:
- 1 slate : double sided ; 25 x 20 x 1 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ43 .D73 1850 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The slate bears no indication of manufacturer.
Double-sided school slate for drawing and writing, within wooden frame. The black slate is surrounded by a wood frame 2 cm in width. One side of the slate bears scored lines running horizontally, in groups of three, for practice of handwriting. The other side bears a grid of scored lines, approximately 1 cm square, presumably for practice of drawing.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Penmanship -- Study and teaching.Penmanship.
- Artists' tools -- Specimens.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.