Drawing and writing slate, [between 1850 and 1900]
- Drawing and writing slate.
- Great Britain, [between 1850 and 1900]
- Physical Description:
- 1 slate : double sided ; 19 x 13 x 1 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ43 .D73 1850a FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Double-sided school slate for drawing and writing, within wooden frame. The black slate is surrounded by a wood frame 2 cm in width. One side of the slate bears slightly ragged scored lines running horizontally, for practice of handwriting. The other side is blank, presumably for practice of drawing. A hole pierces one of short sides of the frame, probably for hanging the slate.
The slate bears no indication of manufacturer.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Penmanship -- Study and teaching.Writing -- Study and teaching.
- Artists' tools -- Specimens.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.