IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
- Harborne, England : The "Chad Valley" Games, [1920s?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (1 game board, 1 dial, counters) : color illustrations ; game board 29 x 42 cm, folded in box 25 x 18 x 2 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .G55 1920 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title from illustrated box top.
Instructions are printed on a label on the verso of the box top.
BAC: British Art Center copy includes four color counters, but the game may originally have included more.
The object of the game is for each player to glide "like birds above the country trying to remain aloft the longest," the winner being whoever glides the furthest or reaches No. 60 on the board. The imagery partially evokes Christopher Richard Wynne Nevinson's prints of aerial views of landscape (ca. 1917).
- Subject Terms:
- Airplanes.Flight.Gliders (Aeronautics)Gliding and soaring.Nevinson, C. R. W. (Christopher Richard Wynne), 1889-1946.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Chromolithographs -- 1920.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.