Edward Foster (Firm), Catalogue of a valuable collection of pictures of the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools, in their genuine & speculative condition , 1833
- Catalogue of a valuable collection of pictures of the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools, in their genuine & speculative condition : the property of a private gentleman ... especially a landscape and cattle, a morning scene, by A. Cuyp ; St. John preaching in the wilderness, Vander Eckhout ... Wynants and Lingleback ... P. Neefs ... Gaspar de Crayer ... Jan Stein [Jan Steen] ... P. Wouvermans ... De Koningh and others by the following masters, viz. Cannaletti [Canaletto], Domenichino, Poelemberg, Artois, Vanderwerf, Backhuysen, Jan Stein [Steen], Teniers, Berchem, De Wytt [Wit], Ruysdael, Begyn, Vandyck, Snyders, De Vries, Mireveldt [Mierevelt] and many others of celebrity.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Just imported
- London : Edward Foster, 1833.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 8 no.33 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4094
Place of auction: London.
Date of sale: May 17, 1833.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 33 of 44 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.