Cranshaw, Ann, 1859 or 1860-, A souvenir of a visit to Scotland, July 1899 , 1899
- A souvenir of a visit to Scotland, July 1899 / A. Cranshaw, Darwen.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Salon album
- Physical Description:
- 1 album (24 photographs) : gelatin silver prints ; 14 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865.C73 S6 1899Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The album compilers may be Ann or Andrew Cranshaw, of Darwen, Lancashire, England. Andrew and Ann (née Emmison) were married at Darwen on 27 December 1888. In the marriage certificate, both are recorded as weavers, aged 28. At the time of the trip to Scotland they would have been approximately 40 years old.
Title from manuscript title leaf. The photographs are mounted in a purpose-made album, with cover title "The 'Salon' Album." It contains windows for photographs and window-bands for captions. The title leaf and captions are written in black ink.
-  Ardenconnel, Row --  The drawing room, Ardenconnel --  Row church --  Private steam yacht on the Gareloch --  Training ship "Clio" on the Gareloch --  Roseneath --  Loch Long --  Glen Croe --  Lunch party in Glen Croe --  Largs --  Dunoon --  Rothesay --  Rothesay --  The Kyles of Bute --  The Kyles of Bute --  Princes Street, Edinburgh --  Waverley Station, Edinburgh --  Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh --  Gordon Highlanders at Holyrood --  Edinburgh Castle --  The Castle Yard --  Waterloo Monument on Calton Hill, Edinburgh --  Edinburgh Castle, from Scott's Monument --  A bit of old Edinburgh.
- Subject Terms:
- Argyll and Bute (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Cranshaw, Andrew, 1859 or 1860-Cranshaw, Ann, 1859 or 1860-Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Lakes -- Scotland.Scotland -- Pictorial works.
Gelatin silver prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.