Souvenir portrait of Her Most Gracious Majesty Victoria, Empress of India : presented with "The Gentlewoman".
- [Great Britain?] : [publisher not identified], [between 1887 and 1897?]
Printed in Germany
- Physical Description:
- 1 photolithograph : color on satin ; 41 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 6bYale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda MitchellView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title inscribed under image.
"From a photograph by Walery, Regent St."--Below image, lower left.
"Printed in Germany" in lower left corner at the edge of the plate.
The Victoria and Albert Museum, London suggests dates of 1897 or 1901?
Printed in color on satin.
Nearly full-length portrait of Queen Victoria, printed on satin. The Queen is shown standing in profile to the left, wears a crown over a lace veil, with various orders with a blue ribbon over a black satin or velvet bodice trimmed with lace and a lace overskirt. In her right hand, she holds a fan. Her left hand rests on a table, which is draped with a richly patterned red cloth, near an urn on a stand. The portrait is a photogravure which is printed on satin which ends in raw edges except at the selvedge along the top
- Subject Terms:
- Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Anniversaries, etc.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Portraits.
- Cloth prints.
Printed textile materials.
YCBA Collections Search
Souvenir portrait of Her Most Gracious Majesty Victoria, Empress of India , [between 1887 and 1897?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.