Bates, R. W, The "A.L." sea-side stories , 
- The "A.L." sea-side stories / by R.W. and F.K Bates.
- Leeds ; Glasgow ; & Belfast : E.J. Arnold & Son Ltd., 
- Physical Description:
- 16 cards : illustrations ; 19 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPZ7 .B38 1929Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A set of 16 cards, each containing a few sentences descriptive of a family visit to the seashore. Each card has an illustration at top and, on the verso, a few simple questions testing the student's comprehension of the material on the recto.
Title from caption title on each card. Imprint from foot of each card.
Printed in black and orange on yellow card.
BAC: British Art Center copy accompanied by envelope intended to be issued with the publisher's "All-the-year round stories." A similar envelop for the present set of cards is not present.
- 1. The Sea-shore -- 2. Bucket and spade -- 3. The Camp chair -- 4. Neddy -- 5. The Sand castle -- 6. Nets -- 7. A crab -- 8. "Nancy," the old boat -- 9. Fish -- 10. The anchor -- 11. The toy yacht -- 12. Sea-shells -- 13. The tent -- 14. Sea-weed -- 15. The sea-gull -- 16. The light-house.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories, English -- 20th century.Seashore.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.