Nelson's letters from the Leeward Islands and other original documents in the Public Record Office and the British Museum / edited by Geoffrey Rawson ; with notes by Michael Lewis and engravings by Geoffrey Wales.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 73,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD187.1.N4 R39 1953+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Christopher Sandford designed, produced and published this book at the Golden Cockerel Press, London. The John Roberts Press handled the composition and press-work. The edition is limited to 300 numbered copies printed on pure rag paper in Perpetua type. Nos. 1-60 are specially bound."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 13 of 300, on of 60 copies specially bound in black, cream and dark red morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Admirals -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 18th century -- Sources.Naval history -- Great Britain.Nelson, Horatio Nelson, Viscount, 1758-1805 -- Correspondence.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1953.
- Preface. Introduction
- pt. 1. The Shirley-Nelson correspondence
- pt. 2. Recollections of Captain James Wallis
- pt. 3. The court martial on William Clark, able seaman
- pt. 4. Miscellaneous documents.