Edward Foster (Firm), A catalogue of the splendid collection of pictures, in the possession of R. R. Reinagle, Esq. R.A., who is quitting his residence , 
- A catalogue of the splendid collection of pictures, in the possession of R. R. Reinagle, Esq. R.A., who is quitting his residence : among which will be found the following chef-d'oeuvres ... : the Descent from the Cross, by Schidone ... : the Assumption of the Virgin, Carlo Dolci ... : a landscape, by Rembrandt ... : Landscape at Twilight, by Annibal Caracci : Lot and his Daughters, by Guido : Virgin attended by Angels, by Guido : three landacapes, by Claude Lorraine : two, by Guerchino : Christ on the Cross, by A. Vandyke : ... Leda of the Orleans Gallery, by P, Veronese : Flora bedecking Pegasus, by Parmegiano : two, by Cuyp : three, by Vanderneer : three, by Jacob Ruysdael : a Statue of Venus, size of life, &c. : including specimens of A. Caracci, Guido, Claude, Guerchino, Vandyke, Parmegiano, Paul Veronese, Pordenone, P. Bordone, Giorgione, Titian, Palma, Bassano, Carregio, Schidone, A. V. Velde, Hobbima, Ruysdael, Cuyp, Vanderneer, W. V. Velde, Rembrandt, Berchem, Wynants : also, several specimens from the hand of Mr. Reinagle : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Edward Foster, on the premises, no. 54, Upper Charlotte Street, Fitzroy Square, on Wednesday, the 27th of June, 1832, and two following days, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : [Mr. Edward Foster], 
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 9 no.12 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Also included are works by Sir Joshua Renolds, R. Westall, Leonardo da Vinci, Rubens, Holbein, and Gainsborough.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-3955
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13033
Date of sale: June 27-29, 1832.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 12 of 50 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Books -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Reinagle, Ramsay R. (Ramsay Richard), 1775-1862 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Sculpture -- Catalogs.Sculpture, British -- Catalogs.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.