Edward Foster (Firm), Catalogue of a collection of the Italian, French, and Dutch schools, 
- Catalogue of a collection of the Italian, French, and Dutch schools: prints, etchings and drawings : the entire property of the late Monsr. De Tenhotten, consigned to Mr. Foster from the Chateau in Switzerland: including specimens of Caracci, N. Poussin, Swaneveldt, Guido, P. Verosese, Dominichino, P. Lauri, Carravaggio, Albano, P. De Champagne, Murillo, Valentino, Juvenet, Primaticcio, Vandyke, Largillière, Bassan Vander Meulen's chef-d'œuvre of Louis IV. and court, in procession to open the Hospital des Invalides ; Christ taken down from the cross, Vandyke ; Holy Family, L. Caracci ; and many Italian pictures of great merit and speculation also, the collection of prints, etchings and drawings : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Edward Foster at his Gallery, 54, Pall Mall, on Tuesday, 10th of July, 1832, and following day, at one o'clock, precisely, without any reserve.
- [ London] : [Mr. Edward Foster], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 9 no.13 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-3967
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13047
Date of sale: July 10-11, 1832.
Place of auction: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy annotated in ink and graphite with sale prices for some lots. Number 13 of 50 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Tenhotten, Monsieur de, approximately -1832.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.