The atrocities of the pirates : being a faithful narrative of the unparalleled sufferings endured by the author during his captivity among the pirates of the island of Cuba / with an account of the excesses and barbarities of those inhuman freebooters, by Aaron Smith ; together with a copious and explicit report of his subsequent trial at the Old Bailey ; decorated throughtout with engravings by Eric Ravilious.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- , v, , 156,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF2161 .S65 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, and completed on September 28th, 1929. Compositors: F. Young and A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The text is that of the original edition of 1824. 500 copies have been printed."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 68
MUDD West Indies Cxb e824sc: No. 87.
BEIN 1994 56: No. 306.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 139 of 500. Bound in black quarter buckram and red boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Pirates.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Smith, Aaron, active 1823-1852 -- Personal narratives.
- Wood engravings -- 1929.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Aaron, active 1823-1852, The atrocities of the pirates , MCMXXIX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.